Friday, January 01, 2010

and the winner is...


Bailey picked two winners! because I received two extra books. I was overwhelmed by the responses and deeply moved by all of your comments I received more than fifty replies, here and on
facebook and my typepad blog and in the WIP and the Inklingo Yahoo groups- and I could not have chosen the winner based upon worthiness because all of your chosen charities are noble and worthy and I wish I had a hundred books to donate, so each of you could have one to keep and one to give away.
So I wrote each name on a stickie note and drew a breath and said a prayer and let Bailey pull two names. And.
They are Penny Jones and Carolyn in Ohio. I have contacted each one either through her blog or email address, so I hope to hear from them soon with the shipping information!
Thanks to you all for your participation. It is an honor to know you all-such as it is...through the auspices of the www.

7 comments:

antique quilter said...

congrats to the winners! It is a book that I will buy eventually , think it is one that we all would like to have. Its fun looking at all the blocks I bet and dreaming up more quilts!
Kathie

Hanne said...

Congratulations to the winners :-)

Penny Jones said...

I just e-mailed you my information. Thank you so much for picking my name. I'm sure I'll really enjoy this book. Thanks again
Penny

Susan In Texas said...

I didn't know Jinny Beyer had a book out. I love her stuff! I'll have to look it up on Amazon.

Congratulations to the winners and Happy New Year to you!

All the best,
Susan
http://www.susanintexas.blogspot.com

Quilt all day said...

Martha ...you sure know how to push us to our best ...thanks for the great input
congratulations to the winners and big hugs to you
Caroline

Joan said...

Congratulations to the wInners - and fantastic of you too Martha. It has certainly been wonderful to read of all the great stories. Thanks and congrats again to winners

Carolyn said...

I am so excited to be one of the winners!!! I sent martha my info and looking forward to receiving the gorgeous book.

I had said I would donate batts to the local guild that makes quilts for cancer patients (i am one) but seems they got a huge donation and have no where to store it all...lol so until they use that up my family has committed to giving blood to the local Red Cross (i received five units last year and they already replaced them)
thanks again to martha for her generousity and to all of you for the congrats
Carolyn in Ohio