Thursday, January 07, 2010

Switching gears

I seem to be switching gears again. I am contemplating making some DJ blocks in Robyn Pandolf type colors. I did start a shabby chic jane way back when but it never gelled.The blocks got used in Katy's quilt.
Maybe I have had enough of brights!! No that could never happen. Maybe it is seasonal, liking more subdued colors in the winter. Could be. But the new Pandolf collection, Beach House, is very inviting..but after spending the day in my sewing room yesterday, I know I do not need any more fabric for a while-so I am on fabric austerity for a while..at least for today.
Funny thing, how I can rationalize. I tell my self: I do not buy cosmetics or need fancy clothes for work. I get books room the library and do not drink or shop recreationally. But I do have fabric. It is my inspiration, my paintbox, my sacred space.
Well that was dizzying. Going from ungrounded rationalization to complete validation in one spiraling sequence. I think I need to sit down.

5 comments:

Joan said...

Hi Martha, THat makes two of us trying very hard NOT to buy fabric...although I have 2 lots to get here yet from prior to Christmas...so maye it doesnt Count. Poppet looks so comfy!

The Calico Cat said...

On rationalizing - we are in the same no make-up, etc. box. :o)

Cathi said...

That makes total sense to me. A painter can't paint without a full spectrum of colours, so why would a quilter not need a full spectrum of colours/fabric styles?
I'm curious to see what you do with your shabby chic Jane. I did about 10 blocks in shabby chic and cut plain squares from the shabby fabrics. I really should just get those put together.

Carolyn said...

Love Robyn Pandolph fabrics
Just now using the Folk Art Wedding pieces I bought many years ago
Saved them for the 'special' project and now I am doing an applique quilt using them
Love the richness of her colors even the pastel ones....no matter what the line is

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I do that too - go back and forth until I confuse myself and have to lie down. Love your wristies.