Saturday, January 23, 2010

Lunchtime


I was either going to toss the sundry vegetables, left over from previous meals, or make them into lunch. Lunch it was. I tossed salt and olive oil and garlic paste in a tube with the potatoes before roasting, and they were so good. So. Good.
In the ramekins, I combined left over whipped cream and egg yolks, and poured it over left over apple pie and added some butterscotch chips and chopped hazelnuts and baked them like a custard. And this may be my new favorite dessert. It was so rich we are saving the leftovers for later. hahah left over left overs.
On the needles is Eunny Jung's Ivy League Vest. I got the cd from interweave and I was lucky enough to be able to visit Webs in Northampton last week when we dropped Bailey off at school in South Hadley.Webs is a hUge store and I was agog at the hUgeness of it. and they had the exact yarn called for in the pattern and I got twenty percent off and after a crappy week of colonoscopies and polypectomies and such like indignities I decided to just buy it and try to make it ~ and so that is my story and I am sticking to it.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Your photos are terrific Martha. I just love the look of your meal...and will try to see how you did that - it sounds really interesting...let overs are great!

Anonymous said...

More lunches like that should put back all the weight you've lost. Plus clog your arteries. It is artfully made and displayed, however. Enjoy it at your own risk!
From a caring friend.