Thursday, January 14, 2010

Circular knitting needle holder

This is made from an old canvas tote that I had laying around. It will
keep my needles accessible and in one place. The tubes in the top
pocket are cigar tubes from Mike's dad. They are perfect for dpns.
Behind the cigar holder pockets is a bigger pocket for sundries. I
hardly ever use regular straight needles so I don't need a place for
them. The original webbing from the tote makes a good hanger. I cut
the sides of the tote and made a vertical tube and used wool for the
pockets. The contraption folds up to be totable. I made the long
vertical pocket tubular also so there will be no fraying. Now I need
piece of empty wall to hang it. Sorry the picture is not better. Low
light-small camera. I love making things like this and using things I
already have.

No comments: