Sunday, June 01, 2008

process





I wanted to write a little about my process and then I realized that that is my process -writing about it-funny how that works. I make lists, lots of lists, some on sticky notes, some on my computer, many years of lists in my journals. I love lists! And I play. I fold paper, I make tiny books that have no value whatsoever, I visit museums and bookstores and I carry my camera with me to collect and filter my ideas. And I collect fabric and paint and tear pictures out of magazines and I have toys and stones from india and vermont and the housatonic river on my window sill. And I spend my non working hours in the company of only those who are important to me. Mostly Mike. And I listen to audio books in my studio......I could spend days in there, emerging only for chili.
I am painting another dresser. This one is going to be red. deep red.
And I am making a scrap quilt. And I am doing a wonderful Sue Garmon BOM.
all this on my days off:)

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Love your photos! I make lots of lists, too. There are notes written on pieces of paper all over the place. A little organization on my part would help some. I also carry my camera with me everywhere. *s*

Candace said...

Sounds like a great way to work and a great process. I love the picture of your porch and garden. It makes me want to go weed, except it's too hot outside. I also love the scrappy quilt that you've started. I got a template to do a tumbler quilt, which is very similar (http://www.rosiescalicocupboard.com/RosieScrapTumblerTWO.html) and plan to do it one day. I'm almost getting enough scraps now. Love your blog.

Anonymous said...

i love your triangle scrap wip.

The Calico Cat said...

Love the looks of that triangle quilt.

I need to make more lists... Like "What was I planning on doing with that bundle of fabric?" "What do we 'need' at the store?"