Friday, May 23, 2008

Heavens


We saw the Blue Angels practicing at Jones Beach today.They are here for NY Fleet Week. It was an amazing dazzling performance. The geese were unimpressed. Probably wondering what all the noise was about.
After the show we went to Whole Foods where I treated myself to sour dough bread and Stilton cheese. Heavenly. Again. I also bought Greek yogurt and some berries for dessert later-chicken chili with roasted veggies on the side.If you like yogurt and you have not tried the Greek stuff, I tell you, it is the real deal. Try it and tell me what you think.
Tonight I will be working on my Square for my partner from Fair and Square, a stitcherie swap...no pictures. I do not want to ruin the surprise. I will save the scrap stitching for work.
My plan is to make enough chili to last for three days of lunch at work. If I don't go out for lunch at the mall, I eat better, have time to stitch and save a bundle.It is a crime that the fast food places charge double at the mall what they get elsewhere. I am rebelling against mall food!

3 comments:

Candace said...

I grew up in Jacksonville, Fl., and we saw the Blue Angels every year, but from our yard. We didn't see the whole show, just bits and pieces, but it was exciting. My parents weren't real big on crowds. Your lunch sounds delicious.

Diana said...

Greek yogurt is the absolute best!

julieQ said...

I have also seen the Blue Angels, wow, they are so neat to watch. I will have to try the Greek yogurt!!