Saturday, August 04, 2007

Not an Ogre anymore



In my WIP (work in progress) group where we are challenged to actually finish our quilt projects, August's challenge is to finish work on a project that has become an Ogre, or something that we have stalled upon due to our procrastination, or perfectionism, the twin "p"s of failure. So, I was stuck at this border, wanting to do justice to these beloved blocks. And this became my Ogre.
Now-thanks to my freind Tilde, who made half the blocks! and inspires me every day, and all the inspiring people who share their works of fabrc art on the internet, it is revived, and I AM going to finish it this month. Here you can see the progress: the hidden "p" in success.
I do plan on adding more applique to the yellow in the border. Life is good.

4 comments:

JoAnna said...

It was certainly worth the effort. Your quilt is gorgeous. A real treasure!

Jessie said...

oooh, martha, that is an especially pretty quilt! i love the flowers in the corners. i have a new appreciation for the art of quilting because of you! :)

Andi said...

It's beautiful so far! Congratulations on overcoming the P's ;-)

Shelina said...

What a fabulous quilt. I look forward to seeing it finished.