Thursday, August 16, 2007

August Ogre Challenge


As far as Ogres go, this one was a creampuff, not so old as to be onerous, it was still very lovable and I loved working on it.I am so glad I did not leave it in a pile to grow old and surly. Any resistance to finishing it was akin to a parent who does not want her baby to grow up. I will have empty sewing room syndrome-NOT!
This this quilt was a joy to work on because it was a shared journey with a very special friend. And of course I am a Dear Jane/
Dear Hannah addict. I am not sure how I am going to finish it-send it out to be quilted or do it myself. I am leaning toward sending it out because I would like to see it finished in my lifetime.
This was the third Frenchy bag I made with the vintage wool. Making doll quilts and bags and small projects is a nice break from making bigger projects. You get to finish something in a managable timeframe.
Shorter days get me in the mood for knitting. But I have some other things to finish first...and miles to go before I knit.

3 comments:

Molly Mandeville Fryer said...

Beautiful job--I have a group of small blocks--looking for a setting. Love it!

The Calico Cat said...

YAY! I can't wait to see how it gets quilted.

swooze said...

I love this quilt. The colors are so vibrant and the setting is just stunning!