Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Last blooms of August







The flower bed is wild with these self seeding cosmos and sunflowers. I reserve a bed in the garden just for them. After the June and July flowers have gone to sleep, they blaze forth in riotous abandon! And I love black eyed susans. They are a part of the landscape of my yard and the dreamscape of my childhood in Rhode Island.



I know the title refers to flowers but I could not resist this picture of Basil. He had four molars removed Monday and is still rocovering from the surgery drugs. He is pretty mangy looking here. I would like to dunk him in a soapy bath but Mike won't let me.

1 comment:

The Calico Cat said...

Poor kitty, my girl is down to just having fangs... She pretty much recouperated at the vets, because the surgery was done right before or during a vacation...