Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Stalling

I am stalling.
when acrobat airplanes stall their engines and plummet dramatically towrd the earth, they know that there is a time after which it will be too late to restart their engines and float on air again. I am not sure if I can restart my engines or if I even want to. I read some stuff I wrote recently and I have to say I really like it but I have stalled. It is not ( or maybe it is) writers block because I have been writing but it is not the same as when you are in the flow and you can just float along on currents and it all is right and good. I am just writing to get the words out of the way and I hate that kind of writing but it's like unloading the dishwasher, mundane and trivial and just needs to get done before you can make space for the next load.
Funny. I think to mysef that it cannot be writer's block because I am not really a writer. That is my inner engine gunk. So maybe I will post some of my stuff here and maybe I won't. Maybe this is too public. Stuck on the horns of that dilemna.
maybe I should go empty the dishwasher.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

empty the dishwasher if it makes you feel better...but then just make sure you get back to writing because, i hate to break it to you dear, but you ARE a writer.

dang, i've missed you. where have i been? i don't know...but it feels good to be back. i've been thinking of you often and am hoping to get started on my out of africa book soon!