Monday, May 07, 2007

Inner Sanctum





There was a topic put forth today on a quilting list, about our personal space and I thought I would ponder aloud, if you will, here on my little cyberspot.
We are each 99 point something percent the same and yet so different and unique and fabulous! I am so blessed that I have a partner who is proud of me and who shares the same quirky taste and has the same tolerance for dust. We seem to both reach a point at the same time where we just get up and begin to tidy. we don't nag or get nagged. we mostly do it together. I am a passionate maker of things, insanely creative and firmly ensconced in that place and he is steadfast and kind and loves my art and lets me hang it all over the house and paint whatever is not in motion.
So I thought I would post some of our stuff, recently dusted, lol, before it accumulates another layer. It is all in our room except for the paintings which are on a ledge on the staireay up to our room.
The "Call Me Beanie" piece is by a Vermont artist, who apparently lives in the woods and makes these boxes about his dog Beanie. There was another one called "Ich bin ein Beanie" that I wish I had bought. The sail boat is origami, folded and painted by me. The Bottles on the window are a lamp, given by a friend, and mini bottles of perfume from the duty free shop. Paintings on a stairs are paintings on stairs by me and my mother. My elephants, collected from different worlds. My thimbles and rocks, tiny paintings and toys. More toys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

martha, thanks for sharing your artwork and lovely things. i think it helps us get to know each other better. loved it all. patti