Sunday, April 29, 2007

Last minute stuff



I found my Faces piece. It was hiding in a bin of delayed projects. It is a photo of Alex at Jens wedding, for which he played the processional. The photo was taken by Jen's friend Julie. I played with it in Photoshop and printed it on fabrics, then fused it to hand dyed fabric. It is not 12 by 12, but it is my April offering. I had done another with more embellishment but found that the embellishment detracted from the photo and so made this simpler one, which I will frame and hang in my house if I can find some wall space.

Also found was the Moondance BOB which is now a pieced top. I had put it away a couple of years back, needing to come to some decision about the applique. It is a Beth Ferrier design, offered as a block of the month in 2005(?!) So today I found it and spread it out on the couch and finished the setting and decided I did not want to add the originally intended extra flowers and dragonflies and sewed it all together while listening to a reading of Thirteen Moons, by Charles Frazier.
Also sewed the machine part of the binding on the Quilts of Valor donation quilt and will finish that one this week, after work, one thread at a time.
So all in all it was a Very Good Day.
I even ordered Sue Nickels new book on machine applique from Amazon, and hopr to have the Sampler Top ready to applique by the time it gets here at the end of the week. Ahhhhh, what a life!

3 comments:

Juryizstillout said...

Very cool quilt and quilt block!

Shelina said...

What a gorgeous Moondance quilt! My blocks have been pieced, but I haven't put together the quilt yet. I made the applique bigger, but am still working on that slowly. Your photo quilt is gorgeous as well. I need to learn how to make one.

Anonymous said...

Love that quilt - I'm a sucker for quilts with black backgrounds and lots of beautiful fabrics.

LJ