Thursday, December 03, 2009

Jane Austen top

The center is done and I await the fabric ( crimson tone on tone) for the planned two inch inner border. I am not sure yet what to do for the outer border since
I am .not. no. way. going to sew together two thousand tiny diamonds. Nope.
No way. Not happening. Well, maybe just some of them..
*edited to add* This top was entirely done using Linda Franz revolutionary quilting system called Inklingo. I would never have had the patience or precision, using traditional methods, to make this top. I did use templates for some of the shapes, rather than printing, because I was using 5 inch squares from 'nickel' swaps in addition to fabric that I could use in my printer. But that just goes to show you that you can combine traditional template tracing with Inklingo with ease. Linda has many shape collections on her website! Maybe you want to let Santa know-just saying. My only affiliation is as a thrilled customer and freind.
pps. I will send the quilt our for machine quilting as soon as I save enough shekels to do so. That may take a while.

7 comments:

Jeanne said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Cathi said...

It's stunning!! Maybe one row deep of the little diamonds?? :)

Quirky said...

Wow - that must have taken so much patience! Well done!

Bernadette said...

Lovely! Maybe there is hope for me yet. Well done to persist.

viridian said...

Hey wow, it looks wonderful. Start saving the pennies.

Viooltje (Violet) said...

I own 1 FQ of the reproduction border fabric (from several years back), I wish I had more...
I don't think I would like to make the border either ;oP, but who knows...
I've started the Nearly insane quilt too, so you never know.
;o)))))

Good luck with whatever you decide (maybe do a google search to look for idea's?) I'll hope to come back to see your progress.
:o)

Elly D said...

So very beautiful!!!