Wednesday, December 30, 2009

making piles


I have been lazily making piles of three inch diamond shapes from the Inklingo collection. I do not really have a direction or a color scheme although mostly it has been blues and violets piling up. I have raided my hand dyed stash and my plan is to cut up as much as I can in the next couple of days off.
I am most recently inspired by the Quilters Album of Patchwork Patterns by Jinny Beyer,which I was given for Christmas!! And not only did I have one delivered but by the grace of Amazon, I received two! And so I have been told I can do what I want with the second. Amazon is donating it because the error was made by them!
so loyal readers......what shall I do?

6 comments:

antique quilter said...

well this is one book on my Christmas list that did not make it under my tree this year!
I think my family feels I have enough quilt books but don't they understand that this book is by THEE Jinny Beyer and all those blocks I could make with the fabric I have already ???? they just don't get it!

I for one am hoping you have a giveaway for the book !
thanks....Happy New Year!
Kathie

Joan said...

Oh my goodness... Couldnt resist a comment here... - Can you see I am smiling....that book is definitely on my to get list...I will look forward to seeing what you do with what you are actually cutting out . Have fun with your books...lucky lady

The Calico Cat said...

Since I seem to recall sending you some hand dyeds (wink) maybe you could send me the book! :o)

Carolyn said...

I would love to have this book!
Have been a fan of Jinny Beyer for years....nice of you to give it away
I have been blessed this year with a 'chemo' quilt from my friends and would like to pay it forward by donating batting to a group here in town that makes quilts and gives them to the cancer hospital...you feel the love while covered in your quilt during the long treatments
Happy New Year
Carolyn in Ohio
www.friendshipstarquilter.blogspot.com/

Sheron said...

My Favorite Charity is Water for People. The intend of this group is to provide Clean, Cheap and Available water,an absolute human and animal need, to folks All over the world.

My hubby and I are retired teachers and water chemists, so know how easily water is contaminated and what to provide pure water so folks, especially children, can live healthly and thus be free to make other important life decisions.

Thanks for this opportunity to talk about one of the essences of life that will become more critical as the earth warms.
Sheron
snyders@cablespeed.com

Anonymous said...

Quilters Album of Patchwork Patterns is like Santa at your door everyday. Donations made are to our Animal Humane Society, Food Bank and a group that feeds the homeless in our City.

dingle525@yahoo.com