Friday, November 27, 2009

two more seams


I am almost finished with the center...just two more long seams which require more time than I have presently to pin and stitch Maybe tonight? more likely next week. And then I am considering the borders and heaven help me I am already planning another in my head using brights so I can use my Spoonflower panels! Without Linda Franz' Inklingo, I would not have been able to do this pattern. Printing directly on the fabric with the seam lines made the stitching effortless and accurate. As for the fabric, it was collected swapped received as gifts and purchased over the last several years. I am a fabric collector! My stash is legion!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

It is so gorgeous! What a treasure this will be.

Unknown said...

I see you went with the bottom right after all! Beautiful. Also, I hadn't realized the quilt had more rows on the bottom of the center than the top. The thought in this quilt shows!

Viooltje (Violet) said...

...yesss : ♥♥♥!

I have the book, but not the inklingo-"Thingy" (I've no creditcard or idea how to get it here and/but I don't like the idea of printing ink on my fabric and/or fabric in my printer(2 x brrr, I'm to chicken to try it out LOL), anyway I'm always using the very thin ultimate quilting pencil for tracing in combination with freezer paper, ...why shouldn't that work out?), I've lot's of fabric, but still no idea what theme to choose for this one, I think I should first "find" the fabric for the centre and the sashings... but there are so many possibilities popping in my head... *Ü*
I'm not in a hurry, I've lot's of WISP's laying around.
:o)