Saturday, August 22, 2009

spoonflower


I just did something I have always wanted to do. I sent in a drawing of mine to be printed out on yardage. Kind of like self publishing a book except you can make a quilt with it. I am giggling with glee. I only ordered one yard because I want to see how it comes out. If I like it I will do another one. I have known about this site for a while and I have often thought about doing it but never took the time. Today I was looking at the book"The Patchworks of Lucy Boston," by her daughter Diana Boston and I noticed she had many black and white fabrics in her works so I decided to give it a whirl. What fun. I am terrible at keeping secrets so I will show you the drawing-just a doodle really...The book is very beautiful and I am patently unable to resist beautiful things especially when they come from the Linda Franz collection of beautiful things. So. I hope you enjoy the unveiling of my first drawing for fabric design: Bird in MaryJanes.

1 comment:

Frummie said...

Martha, I am going to love your fabric, as I love the drawing. Where did you send it.
Hugs, Frummie