Friday, August 21, 2009




Last weekend I downloaded the new Inklingo file for these blocks and prepped them to take with me as my car project. I did get one done and plan to do the second one tonight. I tacked them on to piece of freezer paper so I could keep the shapes together in a sleeve.
I have had these fabrics for a while, years even, and this seems to be a good place for them. I am still in the stage of trying to figure out the colors. Part of me wants to make a controlled color study which gently drifts from one shade to the next using subtle color and light shifts. More realistically I will just have a color party as I almost always do. See? its happening already.
The weather seems to have changed from oppressive heat to bearable beautiful summer evening. I may venture out to the back yard, but I dread the bugs. My ankle is still swollen from the green fly bites I got in my last communion with nature. But who can resist a field of Queen Anne's Lace?

1 comment:

Cathi said...

I now what you mean! Every time I try to do something "controlled" I end up playing with many fabrics in many colours!
Your blocks are going to be fabulous -- some of those fabrics almost look like suede!