Sunday, August 23, 2009

dawn on the beach







I went to look at the ocean this morning at about six thirty. I brought my coffee and my camera and my knitting, of course. It was low tide and there weren't many people there when I walked onto the beach.
After Mike came home we went down to the beach again. The waves were huge and the tide was coming in. The jetties were completely covered and the surfers were arriving en masse. The life guards were meeting at the end of the boardwalk and I imagine that swimming will be banned. The waves looked as big as fifteen feet and the rip tide was very powerful.
Now it is noon and I want to take a nap. Twice to the beach in one day. That is more than the whole summer.

1 comment:

Cathi said...

Did you get any rain from the storm, or just the big waves.
Stay warm and dry!