Tuesday, March 03, 2009

more Diamonds from Inklingo


Inspired by Cathi, I have made the leap to large! This block is made from the six inch Le Moyne Star shape collection. I love this size and shape. It makes twelve inch blocks which seem huge after all of the small sampler blocks I have done. I think I am going to go with this trend for a while. I already have some more cut out.I have stashed alot of brights and this is perfect for them. Cathi calls hers 'Tropical Punch'. I will have to come up with a name. As of this moment, I am drawing a blank.
On another front, I have joined another apron swap. Hopefully this time it will not get lost in the mail. Imagine some soul opening up my apron and keeping it for themselves. Watch out for Kharma. Or maybe they needed it. Whatever.
Any way I was just playing around in my sewing room, doing some Cinderelling, and cut up a shirt which was destined for the rag pile, or at least I thought it was, and came up with this apron, which was inspired by the magazine, ' apron+i+city'. It is more of an artistic suggestion, than a functional apron, although it can be tied on. The waist band is made with the cuffs and the ties are from the button band. The body is from the back of the shirt and the front did not make the cut. It is embellished with buttons and trim from my grandmothers collection. This one will not be swapped and it will be named 'Irreplaceable' .

5 comments:

Cathi said...

Wow, I love your fabric choices for that block! Amazing how different it looks with different colours.
The apron is wonderful -- those buttons are fabulous!

Jody said...

Love the apron!!! And you are tempting me to try Inklingo--I have some , but am scared of the printer and instructions for printing--I know--just bite the bullet.

Anonymous said...

Martha,
You and Cathi inspired me to buy the 6" LeMoyne Star collection. I've had a lot of fun playing with the 4 1/2" collection so this one should be great too! You could call your quilt Tropical Breeze if you're going to stick with the blues and greens. *smile*

~Erin

Jeanne said...

Martha, I love the fabrics you chose for your block, especially the little checked one. Cute apron, too.

Elly D said...

Beautiful apron Martha! Wonderful buttons. I wish my gran hadn't thrown all her buttons away!! I love the new Inklingo block too. The black and white squares remind me of racing for some reason.