Thursday, March 19, 2009

knitforwardsunderstandbackwards


knitforwardsunderstandbackwards
I found this blog whilst perusing the Ravelry pattern page. Mette has published the pattern on Ravelry. MttR is her ravelry id.
Visit the blog to view Mette's beautiful wrap reproduced from a shawl dated 1897, in the Vendsyssel Museum in Denmark. I am in love with this wrap. I studied it for hours while I made up my mind to try it. Fortunately Mette published a pattern in English as well as Danish- although I was willing to try it in Danish,
My yarn in from Green Mountain Spinnery which I bought during my last visit to Pensacola. It is 20% cotton and 80% wool. It is a lovely feeling springy yarn which holds the pattern well. It will make a perfect wrap for cooler spring weather.
This will be my bigger knitting project, for times when I am able to sit at home and decipher directions. The pattern for the edging does not take too much concentration but it did take me a long time to get it right as I have never been a lace knitter. I may be a convert. The name of Mette's blog is derived from a quote from Kierkegaard~ so~ take a leap of faith a pay her a visit.

1 comment:

Mette said...

It looks very fine. And many thanks for your nice words about my project. It really means a lot to me:)Mette