Thursday, January 01, 2009

Things I am working on

Ping-quilting panels. My first go at 'quilt as you go', which is going slowly.
I am printing and cutting Inklingo patches for the Jane Austen Patchwork quilt. My plan is to have all the pieces cut before I sew. I have the sashing all cut and about half of the center diamonds. I need to do the border half diamonds and the tiny border diamonds...thousands:) o scrappy heaven.
I have mused upon all of the usual declarations and resolutions and I guess I will toss my hat into the ring. I will do all the healthy self nurturing things that I can. And that is it. I will give myself time and silence to think and write. I will buy a new journal, a big one.
I will likely finish one major quilt -Ping and begin at least one other-The Jane Austen Patchwork-as presented by Linda Franz.
I will probably do at least one mystery quilt just for fun, using fabric I already have.
I will spin some and explore that fiber realm.
I have joined a swap for aprons. I will probably join other swaps that tickle my fancy, but probably not the kind where you have to send a multiple of the same item or send something monthly, as I found these types of swaps very hard to keep fresh.
This year, my youngest child will leave for school and leave me and Mike, together alone, in our home where all my kids grew up and became adults. Having been ruthlessly moved from place to place at the mercy of my mother's illness, I consider this a huge triumph in my life, to have provided a place from which my kids would eventually emerge adults. We are in part what we are born and in part what we choose. So it will be an ending and a beginning, a significant one. I have been dreaming of living somewhere in a loft, or somewhere in the hills, somewhere elsewhere. Literally dreaming in my sleep, still looking for somewhere to belong. So part of my resolution is to follow that dreamstream and see where it leads...

2 comments:

julieQ said...

Hope your New year is all your hope for and that we all can spend some quality fiber time!!

Cathi said...

I'm just starting to narrow down what I want to do as far as big quilting projects go this year and the JA quilt is right up there. Are you going to hand or machine piece it?
You are so fortunate living near the ocean -- I can't imagine living anywhere better!