Tuesday, April 01, 2008

such and such






You are looking at possible backings for my Carolina Crossroads. The pink paisley is a table cloth I bought from pottery barn and I have two which I can cobble together for a backing. It is so seventies and I do love it. The hot air balloons is a wide backing fabric and also "goes" but I am not sure how much I care about that. The fabric quality is better than the table cloth, and it would not fight with the top design and I would not have to cobble it together. It is a tug of war between the wild me and the practical me. Which would you choose? please leave a comment. Quilter with the best answer gets a piece of either, your choice.
The middle picture is the fabrics I will be using for my spring doll quilt. It is a deep secret, but I have a design in mind.
The diamonds are the last two weeks Diamond of the Week, forever after to be called DOW, in a cigar box, which is where they lie until I have made enough to do something with them . I am thinking tumbling blocks? but it is far too early to tell. There are only a few in the box and there is lots of room in there. I have been doing one a week. It is the right amount for me right now.
The final picture is fabrics that may or may not be gathering to become assembled into a new Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt~Orange Crush. I am scared to begin it before I know what it looks like?? I am a chicken:)
But I did so love the Carolina Crossroads. Is there another mystery to begin in my near future? The pile of fabrics on my cutting table indicates a strong possibility.
Today is a day to ponder and prewash stuff. What are you up to?

3 comments:

Cathi said...

I'd use the balloon fabric fro the backing. If it's better quality then that will help ensure your quilt lasts longer. Plus, if you're hand quilting the quilt, the fewer seams, the better!

Anonymous said...

Since your asking for opinions, I'd chose the ballons for the back of the quilt. I tend to go more neutral for everything, the other fabric (pink) is very pretty but also very very busy and the front has enough going on.
I'm also doing the orange crush quilt, my first mystery quilt, and I'm not so sure about the colors either!!! But I'm doing it.

julieQ said...

Love each choice! The table cloth is pretty...your colors are just lovely in your
CC quilt. I too am doing the new Orange Crush mystery.