Sunday, April 27, 2008

painting furniture


Much of the furniture I own is 'hand me down'. I guess I was recycling before they called it green. This dresser would have been left on the curb before I painted it and now it is something that I enjoy looking at. I am not afraid to paint furniture because most likely it would be something ugly any way and paint is easy and cheap in the big picture. So why not have some fun with it?
I will add some fun knobs as soon as I get them. Now I really need to paint the walls. It has been too long since they got a fresh coat.
I found some 4.5 inch blocks in a bag-Bobs-and put them together with current 6 inch blocks and I like the way they look together. I don't know if it will be a permenant relationship but they are getting acquainted. In any event I now know I need to add more white because I like the way it 'floats' the blocks.

3 comments:

Anina said...

I love the dresser. And I LOVE all your Dear Jane blocks and that Baby Jane in the sidebar. Love!

julieQ said...

what a neat idea for your dresser! I love your paint idea, great job. Your Dear Jane blocks are so nice.

Anonymous said...

The dresser looks great -- a hundred times better than before!