Thursday, April 10, 2008

drawer makeover





I am taking my old chest of drawers out into the yard~a cast off from a once and former twice removed cousin in law~and giving it a makeover. The plan is to crackle the finish and embellish with...well that will be a surprise. I have some ambitious plans. As you can see the primer and first coat are done, and at eleven, after the base coat has dried for four hours, I will apply the crackle glaze and let it dry over night. Then I have a week to apply the top coat thru which the base coat will be seen.
I have a heat gun and I am not afraid to use it.
Then I will do some more-to -be-announced- embellishing which may or may not include gold leaf. hmmm
Spring is here. Mike and I rode our bikes on the boardwalk, did some yard clean up and now we are being couch potatoes and mouse potatoes.

2 comments:

Julia said...

I have been doing a bit of painting myself. I can't wait to see the finished creation. I love crackle!

Elly D said...

Hi Martha, I'm considering revamping a couple of shelves with paint so will watch your progress with much interest.
You could write a 'how-to' on crackle glazing hee hee.
Can't wait to see the finished article... :-) Elly