Friday, April 11, 2008

Quilt from Julia from Idaho



I received my Spring quilt from the Swap! Isn't it so pretty? It was made by Julia from Idaho. She really did a nice job. I love the stitchery which is her own design. She also made a knitted washcloth and a book mark.
This has been a really fun swap so far and I will do another one for sure.
I am still working on mine and I am liking the way it is taking shape.
I hope my recipient feels as happy as I do. Be sure to check out Julia's blog to see her work. It is nice to "meet" her.

8 comments:

Carolyn said...

i toyed with the idea of doing a swap but felt uneasy about how it would go......but you sure hit the jackpot on yours.....it is gorgeous and sooooooo cheerful
maybe next time i will give it a go

Mom said...

what lovely machine quilting too!

Julia said...

Actually, the stitchery design is from an oooooooold book of iron-on transfers. The machine quilting in the blocks and on the border, were done with my embroidery machine.
I am so glad that you like it! How fun to know that something I created has found a good home clear across the nation.

julieQ said...

Lovely quilt! What nice mail, huh??

Anonymous said...

Its gorgeous, love the stitchery (especially the snail), quilting, and little pieced blocks!

Elly D said...

Wow! this is beautiful Martha, Julia is one talented lady :-D
Love it.

Beertje Zonn said...

Beautiful quilt!
Kind regards

Sonnja
Beertje Zonn

Kim said...

Julia's quilts rock! I was the lucky recipient of her winter swap quilt. We are both very lucky girls! I am working on my swap quilt today. Amazing how much goes into these well loved quilts. :) Enjoy!!