Friday, November 16, 2007

Works in Progress


Trying to post a picture I took showing my works in progress but Blogger is not cooperating. Ahh there you go! Blogger has some new features which I will try to use! A new OS X Leopard and a new blogger format, hmmmm. Let's see how it all works together on my little macbook.
The quilt blocks on the wall are 'Ping', circles appliqued to the centers, a BOM from pinwheels. I am letting it rest while I decide on a setting. Deviant that I am, I may go with an entirely different setting to compliment the Indigo-which was also not part of the BOM, but sent by a freind and much treasured, and therefore used.
The 'Lollypop' beginnings from gloriouspatchwork.I have cut all of the back rounds and just had to try a couple of circles with my new mylar templates from Karen K. Buckley. They worked pretty well. i just need to be sure to keep the iron temp moderate so as not to melt it! And starch helps to keep the edges nice and smooth. And the Kaffe Fasset fabrics are indeed glorious.
The brown lump on circular needles is a 'nonibag', pattern from nonipatterns. I will add a four inch stripe with natural Lopi lite yarn, which I bought in Vermont in 1997! And I will add leather straps to make it into an overnight bag, or a large knitting carry all, or a bag in which to pack my lunch, a sewing project, a book and a wallet and phone. And possibly a magazine, Burda or Threads, maybe. The brown yarn is Cascade 220 which felts marvelously. I also did a test swatch with the Lopi and it felts into a pelt like density and hairlness, lol, which will be fabulous in the body of the bag.
And finally the book is Swedish Interiors which is a book I bought to satisfy my decorating gene and as a reward to myself for a myriad of good deeds, too long and exhaustive to list. It is a lovely book and I look forward to spending some quality time between its covers.

1 comment:

The Calico Cat said...

I am really liking Ping with the Indigo.... (It has been a while since I pinged. Hopefully the cooler weatehr will help me get back to that.)

I got a Kaffe kit while on a shop hop... :o)