Monday, February 28, 2011

Pies and Tarts

As soon as I saw this collection I knew it would not be long until we were intimate friends. I had just bought the Inklingo circles shape collection and thought that my inklingo longings were sated and then along came 'Pies and Tarts' to tempt me. 
I am a fallen woman. I cannot resist the siren call of the shapes. As I drift off to sleep they dance and beckon. It somehow mesmerizes me. My mind goes into alpha mode and I let go of the days troubles. And I dream of shapes undulating in the soft breeze.
I think about which fabrics and colors I will use (hand dyed)(maybe batiks) and which pallette-reds and pinks?blues and greens? What about neutral. 
Nah. To me fushcia is a neutral.  I am not capable of doing true neutral quilt. Not in my DNA.
please check out these blogs for inspiration 

all about inklingo     quilt obsession
momma made this    inklingo projects


3 comments:

Joan said...

I look forward to seeing how you make them Martha

Susan In Texas said...

Once again your image is not being displayed. I followed the pies and tarts links though. Wow! they are really beautiful. 8)

Happy stitching,
Susan in Texas

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

HI Sue -thanks for the heads up. I can see both pictures though-so maybe it will resolve itself. Ah! the mysteries of the internets! I have heard that some operating systems do not love sites made on other operating systems.
anywho, glad you got to see the site!