Saturday, February 05, 2011

Owls

The bodies were made from a cotton sweater so the shaping was a little unpredictable.
Link to Blue Moon
These two are ready for  stitching. Lovey pattern from Mimi Kirchner -what a fun pattern! I was a woman possessed.

The sweater was my grandmothers and I wanted to use it for these owls as soon as I saw that Mimi was publishing a pattern.
Today stretches out before me, inviting me back into the quilt cave. Storm at Sea blocks are ready to sort out. I have a stack of triangles ready to use for leader ender stitching , the owl supplies to put away.
And a new book about knitting charts titled 'Charts Made Simple'by JC Briar that I bought from Blue Moon FIber Arts. . I still love actual paper and ink books no matter how many books and charts I can have on my ipad.
I am three quarters of a mitten away from a pair that I made for a kid at work.
And we will be watching the superbowl tonight. Maybe I will finish a mitten then.

1 comment:

Susan In Texas said...

Oh, those are adorable. Are they 11" high like the pattern you posted? I just love their little sweaters. They look so learned. 8)

Happy knitting,
Susan in Texas