Saturday, September 18, 2010

Favorite things

One of my favorite recently on the Internet, is the blog about tiny houses. This just makes my inner designer itch to jump in. It is a combination of doll house love, portability, escapism and possibility that lure me into the fantasy of creating a tiny house. I could put one in my back yard! I could have guests! I could bring it to the beach or the mountains! It could be my own private space for writing. knitting. dreaming. meditating. It is affordable. It gives its inhabitants independence and dignity. It is doable. It is creative..
It is a new canvas on which to paint some flights of fancy. It is nice to have ones fancy ignited from time to time..
Kent Griswold has done a great job of keeping his website current and appealing. I enjoy each look into the tiny houses that he presents on the blog.I invite you to take a peek into his tiny houses..see if your fancy does not get awakened.

1 comment:

Susan In Texas said...

I love that blog too, though some of the houses don't look all that tiny. I particularly liked the under bed storage area, though it looked really heavy to lift since you're lifting the mattress too. (And the cat, of COURSE the cat has to be on the mattress whenever you want to get into there! lol)

Happy stitching,
Susan in Texas