Thursday, February 26, 2009

Back home




We made it home thanks to a tow truck and ATM machines. In delaware the car began to misfire and stall on the high way. Fortunately we were able to pull into a rest stop with a 24 hr dunkin donuts and a porta potty. Eventually we were able to get a flatbed to come and tow us to NY. Insert favorite curse word here.
However-I am so grateful because it could have been so much worse, if we were on turnpike where we could not have been towed, if we did not have the money, if if if.
In any case, the moral of the story is get AAA and have some extra cash.
While in VA we visited, went to Jamestown and Williamsburg and had a pleasant time in Portsmouth. In Portsmouth I always like to Visit the SkipJack Gallery and the Kitchen coop on High St.If you are into upholstery fabric, Ma Maison has a beautiful selection, which rivals any collection in NY.
.... and the socks are done, toes sewn up and ready for the next adventure.
We stopped for milkshakes on the way home at Stuckey's and yes Lewis, we did get you a pecan roll.
I do not hate this picture of me. Usually I do hate pictures of me and maybe that is why I am the one holding the camera on most occassions. Mike, having noticed this proclivity, wrested said camera away from me and snapped this one as we stood freezing at the port of Portsmouth.
It was a beautiful freezing day, and the puffy jacket hides a multitude of sins.
I have been unsubbed from the Dear Jane mailing list and I do not know why. I did write Brenda and received no reply so I am at a loss as to what happened. If anyone can fill me in......

No comments: