Friday, October 03, 2008

Bennington Museum






We visited the lovely Bennington Museum yesterday and I got to see "the quilt" in real life, as it were. and there were others. The room was quite dim and the result was dim photos, but I include them here in their edited form-just because.
The Grandma Moses exhibit was also there and I did not photograph it, as requested by the museum. But it was worth the four and a half hour drive and the museum itself was filled with lovely antiquities and ephemera from days gone by.
Twas a beautiful autumn day with gusts of wind making leaves fly and intermittent rain showers. Something for everyone. The top picture is from Williamstown, Massachusetts, on the way south. We drove home by the light of the milky way, exclaiming at the abundance of stars.

3 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It sounds like a wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing.

ranette said...

I enjoyed your post very much. I was in New England several years ago in the fall and I loved it. I wish I had known about the Bennington Museum then, although I did discover the Dear Jane book on that trip.

julieQ said...

I am so glad you got to see the Dear Jane quilt! Someday...