Saturday, July 05, 2008

Swaps and murmerings

I am working on my swaps. I have received a cross stitched square from Cyndi and it was so nice that I have not been able to finish the one I am doing for her for fear it will not be good enough. I am also doing birthday siggies. All of my christmas siggies are ready to mail. I need to get them to the post office. I am almost caught up with birthdays tho ~~so that is good.
I have not worked on my tris in a week and I want to do seven different DJs. in seven different colors. I also want to write a book a poem a movie and paint portraits of strangers applying lipstick in the mall food court.
I almost had a picture but then she moved.
She was murmuring softly to herself in between applying the inner color and the outer lip liner color. She had a protruding mole on her upper right lip which she covered with the liner. And a little mirror that had a clip which hooked around her index finger leaving her other fingers free to hold the lipstick cases as she inspected her work.
her heavy cleavage was exposed and she was dressed entirely in black~what used to be called a twinset , black pants and shoes. all black except for for her bright red lips whose color was probably named after a wine, or a flower or mythological beast.
She was entirely oblivious to the cacophony of the food court as she sat stock still before her tiny mirror.
o the promise of the perfect color of lipstick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this !!! Adore the images it brings to mind. I can SEE her!

Paulette

Cyndi said...

So, you were afraid your square wouldn't be good enough. You were so wrong! You designed it yourself! That makes it so much more special than one done from a pattern. I love it, Martha!!!!