Tuesday, July 08, 2008

fun with leaves and poetry





Every summer I want to do this and I wait till the leaves are too dry. I have been saving the rice paper and have plenty of paint-I am a hoarder of paint-so today I just did it. Make prints while the sun shines. Mike was concerned that I would use too many leaves and Bailey thought it strange that I just got up and began doing this with no discussion. Little did they know I had been scheming for many summers now.
Mary Oliver wrote a poem with a line that says,
"Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?"
Read by Garrison Keillor, on his podcast called The Writers Almanac, available for free on Itunes, or from this link.

3 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

Isn't leaf printing fun? I did some on a quilt. It was actually to cover up where some of the fabric bled during a wash.

julieQ said...

Pretty! So very pretty.

Lindy said...

Quiltcontemplation,
Hello from another quilter, I read your first para and had to post to you. You sound like your on the same wave length as me. I'm amazed, I just retired and have been piecing quilts 20 years, I had to work at making when before I retired, now I'm retired, and I still have to try to make time. I have too many hobbies and can't make any headway, Last year I spent the year learning to machine quilt I bet I have 20 or more ready on the rack, yet I embroidery, love piecing quilts, spend time with my grand kids and they love it at our house. I'm obsessed with learning everything new and next I want to use up all my ole fabrics and try making scrappy quilts, to get rid of it. I looked and looked for just the right patterns, and found. Then I also found something where I may no longer have to buy any more quilt books. But did that stop me. Not this week. Ordered on line. I want to begin my first DJ, I have my book and my software, I thought that would get me started. Still not yet!!!! You can search for my quilts if you have a minute on webshots -- just search for Dare2PT and click on any quilt and you'll probably find me. Really feeling life is too short. I too have a list 10 pages long of quilts I want to make. Hope I make it. LOL

Lindy