Friday, February 15, 2008

Small finish




I finished a small sleeve for a lavender scented heating pad -a Valentines day gift for Mike. Cotton yarn, cables, A small finish. Small is good. Three finishes so far this year: the painting, the heart and the sleeve.
I have another Dear Jane block cut out and ready to hand stitch, one for my swap partner one for me. I need to apply a thread a day to it so as to make it happen but it is less portable than knitting and the small bits need to be kept in place so it will be a stationary project...or I need another carrying case slash kit----hahahah...not! I do not need another conveyance for my sewing kits.. I have a plenty:) But I am always looking, keen on finding the perfect one....is there a perfect one? I would love to do a swap of sewing kits-maybe five people. Each person make five of the same or similar and send to me and I would distribute. This would not be a swap for the fainthearted as I do not envision needle cases-I am thinking (maybe I am dreaming) of a case with pages, pockets, sleeves....anybody game to make some awesome art swap block cases? If there is any interest let me know and I will ponder upon it. In my mind they are taking shape, dreamlike, artful, beautiful and functional....but I do not think it can be more than five...that would be too much...hmmmm off to dream and scheme some more. In my next post I will show some of the small contrivances that I have for sewing and knitting and maybe that will stir up some interest..or some passion.
Pictured are some hearts I have made-painted from a stamp I carved in linoleum, glass and cross stitched.The sleeve is knit from a kit I bought from nowandzen yarns, in Greenport.The sleeve had the lumbar pillow stuffed with flaxseed and dried lavender already made, and the yarn and instructions for the sleeve. A nice little giftie.

1 comment:

Knitted Gems said...

Congrats on your finished items thus far! I just love the sleeve and the painting. I've only painted once, but I found it so enjoyable.