Friday, February 01, 2008

late night sewing



I stayed up till two am, listening to a book on cd and making three and a half inch nine patches. I finished one hundred and I did a bit of work on a small something. Something with some antique lace and some beads maybe. Something I have been carrying around in my head for a long time. It may not amount to anything but I do it anyway. Just to see how it turns out.
Today I will write in my journal, maybe draw some. I have been missing drawing, even dreaming about it. And I will begin the next step of the scrappy quilt form Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville website.
I will also look through my finished tops to find something to donate. I have one in mind to donate to a women's shelter. I have an idea to send it to a quilter who can finish it then I can send it along. So that is my plan for this rainy day.
The angel was discovered in a box of treasure sent to me my my grandmother et al. She was surfing in a sea of sequins and beads and lost one wing. But she is happily earthbound, and resides in my sewing room. She may or may not be attached the lace heart assemblage that I am working on but whose photo blogger seems reluctant to post.

No comments: