Thursday, September 06, 2007

Me and my shadow





Another lovely ride on the boardwalk. The breeze was pleasant but, the sun was strong and the heat was reflected from the buildings and the boardwalk itself. I consumed plenty of water before, during and after.
Post Labor Day the beach is officially closed. It doesn't stop the sun worshippers, even tho there are no life guards. They are back in school. It doesn't stop the swimmers either, and there is grave danger in swimming with no life guard. The locals always know when someone is in trouble in the water. The rescuers race to the beach at breakneck speed and you had better get out of the way.
The last two pics are taken from the east end of the board walk. We live on the other end. A good ride. Four and a half miles round trip, I try to go twice, on a good day, which is not hard unless there is wind. The bike lane in the middle is great-except when walkers forget to look and you almost run into them:) At least we don't have to dodge the cars in the road.And it is flat!
I am trying to ride as much as I can and still have time to make things. I figure "use it or lose it" applies to bike riding along with most other thing in life. It also gives me energy. I have been riding here since I moved here in '92. I had an old schwinn which I put a baby seat on and I used to put Katy in the back in a helmet, and off we would go. She would drink a bottle of juice and go to sleep. Blissful! Bailey did not like to ride as much. She used to put up a fuss so I did not ride with her as a passenger as much. When I had the two little kids, I bought one of those two seated joggers but they used to fight and squabble so I gave it up and found time to ride by myself. Tried to. Mike and I used to ride alot more and I hope to pick it up again. Cooler weather is great for cruising along the beach.

1 comment:

SuBee said...

You clearly have an artists eye for composition - those scenes almost look painted! Very nice!