Thursday, September 13, 2007

Lunch Date/Day off update


I had a lovely lunch date with my husband this week. We shared a delicious platter of Mexican appetizers at a restaurant in Huntington called Pancho Villa's. There was a huge picture of him staring down from the wall at us. I asked Mike, who is a history sponge, if he was a good guy or a bad guy, and he said it depends on who side you were on. Ain't it the truth?
We also stopped into our favorite paper Stationery, also in Huntington and bought treats for ourselves to celebrate my promotion! I bought a beautiful glass tipped pen made of Murano blown glass. I have one made of marblized green glass and I could not remember the color and I bought another green one but this one has clear green glass and is beautiful in a different way.And of couse if you buy a new glass tipped pen you must also buy turquois ink for it. Mike got some fat hardwoord pen, which felt solid and had a hefty feel. Not to my taste at all, but he is happy.

We also found a perfect bithday gift for my sil, who is a Very Hard Person for whom to shop. Anyway, I am hoping she likes her gift cuz I am not telling her where I got it. She is a coupon snipper, so I gave here a pretty embossed-to -look-like alligator leather pouch, with a silver bee clasp for to store her collections of coupons.
Knitting is progressing. I have a huge to be felted bag bottom on my needles. It will be the size of a small valise and I hope to have it finished before I go away but I doubt it will be... and Ping blocks to be finished. I have recieved the border kit from Pinwheels, so I need to get busy on it. I may even finish the shrug I began to knit for Katy last year. Guilt is a good motivator and I did promise it to her last December. The good news is I have not started any new big projects. Can I hold off till after Ping is done?
Here is the Alex Denim Seminole Stripped piece I made for Alex' little boy captain's bed when he was five. He still uses it.It would have been about 1988ish.
Tomorrow I have to get a root canal.
Note to self: Shouldn't bite on pebbles. Not good for the molars.
Happy Holidays to all who are celebrating!

1 comment:

Debby Brown said...

I thought I was the only person who munched on pebbles. Mine was in a box of raisins. I'm sure there's a story behind yours.