Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Met


What can you say about it that hasn't been said? I took myself to the Met today, after my plans to go with any of my daughters did not happen. I hopped on the train and went by myself.


I brought my doll quilt on the train to stitch the binding. Now the new owner can say they own a piece that has been in the Met:)





I went to the Poiret "King of Fashion"exhibit and then dined with some girls (we shared a table on the balcony) from California. I visited some favorites in the Modern wing.
I do think I could live at the Met if they would let me. Wasn't there a book about that?

4 comments:

Lisa K. said...

Ooh, I love the colors and the curves on that doll quilt.

Helen said...

What is the first painting? is it a Klimt? Beautiful colours.

Shelina said...

These are great paintings. Thank you for taking us to the Met with you via pictures. I just sent to our art museum this weekend. Not the same as the Met, but very nice nonetheless.

Kay said...

What a fun trip! Thanks for the paintings!