Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The messenger

I finished a new tote today. It is called a messenger bag and it is an Amy Butler design to which I have added a loop and a side pocket for scissors.It is a great size to haul all my applique stuff and maybe a book or journal and some pens... The fabric is an older Ralph Lauren pattern, which I used to make valances for my cottage. I loved that I made it using the material that I had, and the history it has for me. The lining is a Waverly plaid which I used to make slipcovers for a friend, who has since dissapeared in the swift currents of time.
The tulip is a volunteer that grows in my Lilac bush every spring, in the shade, in between the branches. If you don't know to look for it, you will miss it. I have no idea who planted it there. One year it just appeared.

1 comment:

Alena said...

Oh, I love your tote and the fabric you used is just beautiful...