Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Another small thing



Love this little Kimono from Kumiko Sudo's book, "Kokoro no Te". It has given me some peaceful stitching time, driving back and forth to hospital where my daughter is being treated for her bi polar disorder.
We have made the drive several times since Friday when we took here there. So many things going on. I have not written or thought about it deeply, just putting one foot in front of the other. I do not have to understand everything. That is the hardest part for me, always needing to understand the whys and wherefores.
Sometimes I just have to trust the process. I still ask though. Maybe the problem is I am just too adept at recognizing when I am being led around in circles, when paradigms collide and no one really has the answers but it seems important to believe that they do.
So that is where I dwell these days in that world of chimera and mirage. Which drug will work? Which part is behavioral and which part is neurobiological? Who knows what and is there really any one who knows anything? And what is it fair to expect? from her from me from them?

1 comment:

Hanne said...

Lovely kimono Martha :-) Keep on keeping on putting one foot before the other ! Hugs from here !