Friday, July 01, 2011

Podcasts for commuting


As I drive to work, (an hour and twenty minutes each way, forty nine miles one way. yes that is a lot of driving) I often listen to podcasts.
Many students at my job, where I teach lessons in how to use Apple computers, do not know what a podcast is. I tell them it is like a recording (pod) of a radio broadcast (cast) that you can listen to whenever you wish.
There are thousands of podcasts on the itunes site and the majority are free! You can listen to one episode or you can subscribe. You can listen on your ipod, ipad, iphone or computer.
Free.
My all time favorite is Garrison Keillor's A prairie Home Companion, Tales from Lake Wobegone, from National Public Radio. I also listen to the New Yorker Fiction Podcast. And the Moth Podcast. And the Etsy Podcast. Whatever your interests are, there is a podcast for you.  Check it out and let me know what you find~

1 comment:

*karendianne. said...

Oh really, these are free? I love my Mac!!! :) I'll have to check this out. I had no idea I could get free things on iTunes. Huh. How good to know.