Saturday, May 08, 2010

To do list




I am a list maker. I find that if I make a list that I actually accomplish things and that if I do not accomplish the "list thing", well then, those things were just not that important.
Do you make lists? My lists are mainly a mix of things I want to do and things I must do. The reason I make a list may be because I am trying to remember all of these things or more likely I want to give the activity some emphasis and hold myself accountable.
Sometimes my lists are wishful thinking and sometimes I make them pretty-which usually circumvents their effectivity because I spend more time making the list and admiring it than I do on the list items themselves. Even writing about lists makes me want to break into prose. or sometimes profanity. will you share your list?
I am thinking there may be a prize for the one that I love the most.
No rules, anything goes. Send a link or a picture for me to post and I will come up with a prize.
BTW this is purely subjective and selfish. Just saying.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Martha you do make me smile. I used to make lists when I was working as Nurse - alwasys. But at home - NO. My DH makes lists...gives them to me to do the shopping - and of course I lose them :) My DH makes list for food, things to do..things he hopes to get done...and its strange ..he never loses them like I do ... thats just me I guess. Enjoyed your post - and your list :)

Susan In Texas said...

You make BEAUTIFUL lists! Mine are purely functional. 8) The one that made me laugh the most was this one:

http://susanintexas.blogspot.com/2010/02/english-garden-sampler-cross-stitch.html

I'm still stuck on March, but I haven't given up hope yet.

Happy listing,
Susan