Saturday, March 27, 2010

just thinking

I thought about a new blog just for writing. Is is possible to have too many blogs? Or am I compartmentalizing myself -one blog for social networking- from my phone no less, one for fiber y pursuits, one for poetical ramblings. Does it never end? Shall I make one for baking scones and yet another for custards? It is hard to tell. A difficult, if not critical, question. One does not wish to burn the candle at both ends, wear one's self too thin ( little danger, dears), and avoid at all costs, putting all of one's eggs in a basket. Or is it putting too little of one's eggs in a basket? Oh never mind.

The writing blog has been created. It has, at present, no content. It is a hollow vessel. A ghost ship, a mere shadow of its once and future self. (well did you expect it to remain empty once it was announced...?) As I consider it going out on a limb, to share ones fragile inner musings on a blog, an internet, very public, type of journal, I have named it "Escarpmenting", as in stepping out onto a an overhanging cliff. (the more curious among you may wonder, "Overhanging what?". Do not be so cynical.)


As I ponder which missive with which to make my maiden voyage, I will leave you with a photo that I snapped whilst speeding along the high way during my daily predawn commute. I will not respond to questions as to who was actually at the wheel. It may have been Mr. Quiltcontemplation.

2 comments:

Susan In Texas said...

Wow, multiple blogs. I can barely keep up with the one blog I have. In fact, the other day I said to myself, "OK, Susan, you're all caught up with your blog, (this is very rare) now you have to DO SOMETHING to blog about!" I'm always behind in what I want to accomplish. Of course, the thing I actually ended up doing was last month's cross-stitch project. lol So I guess I'm not actually caught up on anything after all.

I hope you put links to your new blog on this blog, so I can find it easily. 8)

Happy writing,
Susan

Joan said...

Please put up links to your new blog Martha. I know how Susan feels - I really spend far too much time at the computer..and not enough sewing, but it does give one time to stretch and have a break. Looking forward to reading your new blog.