Friday, March 12, 2010

humor in a darkened room.

When they do breast needle biopsies they insert tiny magnetic chips in the incision so that they may easily find the site in the event that they have to revisit. At last count I had maybe eight of these.But the mind recoils at such counts and I really do not remember how many i have had done. O'Ryan, the nurse, say about forty thousand.
So last night, after work and a long commute home, I am on the table in a darkened room (did I mention this was maybe nine o'clock?) with the doc and nurse and the ultra sound operator.
Dr. B. asks the nurse for the chip. I say, " Will this trigger security at the airport?" ( I always ask this question.) With no hesitation, Carol, the ultrasound tech says,
"No. At midnight Doctor B will sound the call, and all of his women will stream out onto the street in their nightgowns with their arms out stretched....."
"Ok then, I ask, will this procedure make my boobs saggier?'
"Au contraire!" says the doctor, now they will point north!"
giggle snort.

4 comments:

julieQ said...

Hee!! Love this...and certainly hope you don't need any more. The earth's gravitation pull can't take any more girl!! LOL! Sincerely, hope everything turns out well for you.

Cathi said...

You made me laugh out loud with this post! I had no idea they used magnetic chips!!

Frummie said...

Hi Martha,
Humor is good. If you roll on the floor you could pick up dropped pins.
I have had a few too. Hope all is well.
Hugs

Joan said...

Made me smile too Martha. Love your humour. Hope it all turns out well....North's not a bad way to go
:)