Saturday, September 19, 2009

the ritual

Things are preternaturally quiet here with no kids in the house.
We are performing the ritual of "cleaning of the child's room when they leave for college" today. Bailey's was not nearly as bad as the others!! I am left with several loads of laundry which may or may not be clean already but since it was wadded up into a little ball and left in a pile, who knows?
....And a couple of bags of non kitten friendly debris-but nothing too alarming. (there have been other children (plural) who shall remain nameless, whose rooms needed to be dug out with a shovel while wearing a hazmat suit but we shall not go into the sordid details here).

I have made an order from Mz Kathy Smith -do you know her? email me if you would like an email address. She supplies me with all of my notiony needs! I am ordering, "The Farmer's WIfe Sampler and cd" from her. What can I say the picture looks awesome!! I am also ordering some ginghers from her because I have been wanting some for a long time and I work!! so I can treat myself once in a while and stay away from big box places (except when I need jeans,) and support my small enterprises who work hard to compete against the wally worlds and tarjays. etc. end rant.

2 comments:

Cathi said...

You're tempting me -- that book looks very interesting!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That does look interesting! Love those small blocks - Dear Jane, Nearly Insane, Sylvia's Sampler, etc.