Friday, September 04, 2009

day tripping


...into my sewing room. Audio will be "the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society", on CD. Task at hand: to make serious progress on my Jane Austen Patchwork top. It is possible that I could finish the large diamonds part of the center today and then i will have to decide if I have the stamina for the 2500 tiny diamond border. Only time will tell. I am not making any promises.
I also have a physical therapy appt for my shoulder. A good tme for a break in the machine piecing activity.
I am in denial that Bailey is leaving in spite of tripping over her packing detritus every time I walk through our tiny house. How quiet it will be when she is at school. It will hit me next week I suppose when I am not seeing her each day. Twenty nine years of parenting people. Do I get a crown or something?
I did cut out a Mimi Kirchner doll and some gloves (this month's issue of Threads has a glove pattern. How cool is that?) with the wonderful felted wool that Val sent me I cannot wait to stitch on these, but I will wait till I have made some hay on the JA top.
And yes Ms. Calico, I will surely use the wonderful hand dyes that you sent to me, I was THRILLED when I opened the box and saw them along with the wonderful kitten fabric! The hand dyes will be a part of my Piano keys blocks.
And finally.......drum roll or french horns or something.... my Bird fabric. I cannot tell you how much fun this was! right up there with getting my poetry published by (someone else). One of the reasons I love my kitties is because they make us smile. Sometimes we forget how. This fabric also made me smile:) if you have ever thought about trying it, go to the Spoonflower web site and give it a whirl.It is not hard and there is a lot of inspiration and help on the site. Best 21 dollars I have spent in a while.
Just so you all know, I do not get paid for any endorsements. I only share things that I use and like. sometimes love.

2 comments:

Frummie said...

Martha,
Your fabric is wonderful. To be able to draw like that is something I envy. Maybe one day we will see a whole line of FABRIC BY MARTHA.
Hugs my friend
Frummie

Anonymous said...

i second that, frummie!