Friday, July 17, 2009

socks of the blue moon

Some of you may remember my Socks that Rock socks that I started last year. I believe I may have made Blue Moon fans out of one or more of you. Sadly I am reporting that I am still working on the same sock.It seems that one has to knit significantly looser to allow for enough stretch to be drawn over certain ankles. And the ankles in question are not getting any thinner. It has been un knit several times and is now threatening to become a mitten. Not that I have anything against mittens.... I'm just saying....
and I cannot find the book with the charts. I know it is here somewhere. But the yarn is so beautiful. It is such a pleasure to use that I continue to knit and I am now researching thumb holes. I will not be thwarted:)

That is the update from here on sunny summery long Island where I sit, on my, um couch, with my ice pack (bike spill - well I never actually hit the ground-don't ask-nothing serious, no no really it is just a rotator cuff issue--just a small tear-and the doc said stay home, get pt, use ice, take pills get shots, six weeks of physical therapy-are you kidding me?? I don't have time for that!) and my trusty mac book. So I am off for a couple of days. Hoping to heal quickly.

No comments: