Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Ping Block settings


I am a colorist at heart. More than form or function color drives my artistic bus.
so.
I am thinking of using these wondeful rich indigos as settings, rather than the ones that are sent with the kit which are darker versions of the taupes.I have these actual colors on my bed now, the blues and taupe and this quilt is for us. I was thinking of using the indigos on the back, but felt like it might not be fair to them to use them as a backing. Well it is also not fair to keep them in a box.
You can see the actual BOM design on the Pinwheels web site by clicking on the title.
so.
this is a terrible picture but I would love to hear some feed back
I am taking the next day or so off from work since I am beset with some uncomfortable intestinal woes that are best not discussed in public.
I hope to be back in form in a day or so. I am actually on the mend, and want to stay that way and avoid surgery if I can!
Unfortunaltely this also co-incides with having company here from Europe ( staying at my Mils) and I will not be up to my usual touring/slash hosting speed. They are planning to go to Manhattan tonight and I may have to pass.
I think my body is telling me slow down and find a better balance. But I don't wanna!
I worked on the sampler quilt corners last night and I am almost ready to attach the borders! RED ones. I do love color!
And this quilt will also stay here probably in my guest room, because I am not giving it to anyone-do you hear me my children???? No one!

5 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

WOW - I never would have thought to use Indigoes... But they look nice. The Million Dollar question... What would you do with the other fabrics? I will probably do mine by the book (but I am doing yoyos instead of covered buttons & I may add some of my other taupes (And mini Asian cat prints)as yoyos or mini desden plates at the block joins

Vicki W said...

The indigos look fantastic with these blocks - that was a great idea!

Anonymous said...

martha, i agree - go with the indigoes on the front! you want to be able to love them and see them. they look fantastic with your ping blocks. hey, i'm not one of your children, can i get in line for the sampler with the red border? okay, quit hitting me. patti

Granny Fran said...

I think the indigoes are wonderful to set off those blocks. Go for it, girl! Hope your tummy mends by itself.

Samantha said...

Hope you are feeling better. Love the indigos with those blocks.