Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Meme from Create a Connection

When did you begin your first blog and what inspired you to do so?
April 2006. I was inspired by quilter's blogs~

Do you have more than one blog? Why? How are they different?
I have this blog, a blog for my girls-which is now defunct since they just read this one any way. I just started a blog for the writers at my job who want to have their work read. It is a judgement free zone and I am so excited about it! I don't know how it will evlove but it will have poetry and writing and who knows! I work in a great creatively charged atmosphere and I am inviting the others there to share their work. It is a little daunting because we all know each other! Face to face-like for real!Not like publishing to the internet! It is called Wordprocess
if you want to take a look. For me-I needed to publish my poetry without fear of consternation over my language or content-so be forewarned there is LANGUAGE in it:)It is small now but I will open it up as time goes by to others for contributions.

How would you characterize your blog?
purely creative, sometimes political, sometimes about my family-smarmy-sometimes just musings

To paraphrase Oprah, what is "one thing you know for sure" about blogging?
It great fun to get to know other artists and share your work. Sometimes the results can be surprising.

Is it important to you to get feedback in terms of comments or pings? Why or why not?
Love comments. It means you care~


What blogs would you recommend to our readers and why?
Mine are mostly quilt related and I keep them all on bloglines..
I like to find different ones. I like the ones that are personal and relevant and creative and funny! Go find your own!

1 comment:

Shelina said...

Martha, I hope you are feeling better.