Monday, July 26, 2010

Getting ready for company

Last two days of work before vacation. I am squirming with excitement. Cleaning (such as it is) has commenced, lawns are mowed, curtains still not rehung, linens washed , frig stocking and general scullery work. 
The house is ready for company. Twill be a blast to have a full house again. It has not been so for over a decade-this wee house where I raised my four kids. Ha. Now I wonder how they all fit in! 
Else bought us new towels for our guests, all in beach colors..I think they match the storm at sea colors. A luxury.
Isn't it funny how you prepare for company by getting new towels. Seems like an American ritual. Anyone else in other parts of the world? How do you prepare for company? 
   

martha
http://www.quiltcontemplation.blogspot.com

No comments: